Products, Services, and Data
Transportation Improvement Program
The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a short-range (7 year) capital improvement program (budget) of transportation projects consistent with federal regulations and area policies and strategies. The TIP lists all projects for which federal funds are anticipated, along with non-federally funded projects that are regionally significant. The TIP represents the transportation improvement priorities of the region and is required by federal law. The list includes roadway and public transit projects. For more information contact Toni Tisdale, (208) 475-2238.
COMPASS produces a regional TIP for both the Northern Ada County and Nampa Urbanized Area and updates the document annually. The list of TIP projects must be endorsed by the COMPASS Board. The U.S. Department of Transportation requires that all projects in the TIP be derived from an approved long range transportation plan, meet air quality requirements and be financially constrained to the amount of funds that are expected to be available. The TIP shows the estimated costs and projected construction schedule of transportation projects. The TIP brochure describes in more detail how the TIP is developed. (English/Español)
The Idaho Transportation Department’s Idaho Transportation Investment Program (ITIP) and Ada County Highway District’s Integrated Five-Year Work Plan provide information on additional transportation projects not included in the TIP.
The TIP shows how projects correlate with CIM performance measures. This reporting not only allows a reader to easily see how individual projects help achieve CIM goals, but it also provides additional accountability for the project sponsor and decision-makers, as they must be able to clearly demonstrate the relationship between projects and CIM goals.
Federal Approval Letter (1/8/2020)
Detailed List of Projects (9/8/2020)
- Current Dollar Format
- Year of Expenditure Format (costs reflect inflation to show anticipated costs in year of expenditure)
- Valley Regional Transit's Program of Projects (7/25/2019)
Basic List of Projects (9/8/2020)
Interactive Map of Projects (with environmental justice consideration areas)
Public comments on FY2020-2026 TIP
- Public comment period: August 7 - September 5, 2018
- Administrative Modification #1, November 18, 2019
- Amendment #1, December 16, 2019
- Administrative Modification #2, December 17, 2019
- Administrative Modification #3, January 13, 2020
- Amendment #2, January 14, 2020
- Administrative Modification #4, January 21, 2020
- Administrative Modification #5, February 7, 2020
- Administrative Modification #6, February 26, 2020
- Administrative Modification #7, March 11, 2020
- Administrative Modification #8, March 26, 2020
- Administrative Modification #9, April 13, 2020
- Amendment #3, April 20, 2020
- Administrative Modification #10, May 7, 2020
- Administrative Modification #11, June 8, 2020
- Amendment #4, June 15, 2020
- Administrative Modification #12, June 17, 2020
- Administrative Modification #13, July 10, 2020
- Administrative Modification #14, August 17, 2020
- Amendment #5, August 17, 2020
- Administrative Modification #15, September 9, 2020
- For detailed information about the application process, please visit the Resource Development and Funding page.
- Regional Transportation Improvement Program Public Involvement Plan (Chapter 2 of the COMPASS Integrated Communication Plan/Public Involvement Plan)
To view Archives web page click here.