Products, Services, and Data
Transportation Improvement Program
The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a short-range (7 year) capital improvement program (budget) of transportation projects consistent with federal regulations and area policies and strategies. The TIP lists all projects for which federal funds are anticipated, along with non-federally funded projects that are regionally significant. The TIP represents the transportation improvement priorities of the region and is required by federal law. The list includes roadway and public transit projects. For more information contact Toni Tisdale, (208) 475-2238.
COMPASS produces a regional TIP for Ada and Canyon Counties and updates the document annually. The list of TIP projects must be endorsed by the COMPASS Board. The U.S. Department of Transportation requires that all projects in the TIP be derived from an approved long range transportation plan, meet air quality requirements in Northern Ada County, and be financially constrained to the amount of funds that are expected to be available. The TIP shows the estimated costs and projected construction schedule of transportation projects. The TIP brochure describes in more detail how the TIP is developed. (English/Español)
The Idaho Transportation Department’s Idaho Transportation Investment Program (ITIP) and Ada County Highway District’s Integrated Five-Year Work Plan provide information on additional transportation projects not included in the TIP.
The TIP shows how projects correlate with Communities in Motion (CIM) performance measures. This reporting not only allows a reader to easily see how individual projects help achieve CIM goals, but it also provides additional accountability for the project sponsor and decision-makers, as they must be able to clearly demonstrate the relationship between projects and CIM goals.
Need assistance in applying for funding? Contact Toni Tisdale (208-475-2238).
FY2022-2028 Regional Transportation Improvement Program
Public comments on FY2022-2028 TIP
- Public comment period: August 2 - 31, 2021
- Comments received by COMPASS
- Comments received by the Idaho Transportation Department
- Additional public comment period (September 3 - 17, 2021)
Federal Approval Letter (1/3/2022)
Detailed List of Projects (4/19/2022)
- Current Dollar Format
- Year of Expenditure Format (costs reflect inflation to show anticipated costs in year of expenditure)
Basic List of Projects (4/19/2022)
Interactive Map of Projects (with environmental justice consideration areas)
Amendments and Administrative Modifications
- Administrative Modification #1, October 11, 2021
- Administrative Modification #2, November 18, 2021
- Administrative Modification #3, December 14, 2021
- Amendment #1, December 20, 2021
- Administrative Modification #4, January 20, 2022
- Administrative Modification #5, January 31, 2022
- Administrative Modification #6, February 1, 2022
- COMPASS Board Administrative Modification #1, February 15, 2022
- Amendment #2 and Board Administrative Modification #2, February 28, 2022
- Administrative Modification #7, March 14, 2022
- Administrative Modification #8, March 30, 2022
- Administrative Modification #9, April 1, 2022
- COMPASS Board Administrative Modification #3, April 12, 2022
- Administrative Modification #10, April 19, 2022
- For detailed information about the application process, please visit the Resource Development and Funding page.
To view Archives web page click here.