Public Comment Open on proposed Amendments to Communities in Motion (CIM), the regional long-range transportation plan, and the Regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
October 25 – November 8, 2022
The proposed amendments would add three new transportations projects to CIM and add two new projects and extend the scope on one project in the TIP.
Learn more: http://www.compassidaho.org/comm/comments.htm
COMPASS Calls for Projects
October 19 - December 6, 2022
Public comment requested on the DRAFT regional long-range transportation plan for Ada and Canyon Counties – Communities in Motion 2050. (9/16/2022)
September 16 – October 16, 2022
Public Comment Open for Proposed Additional Changes to the Regional Transportation Improvement Program and Long-Range Transportation Plan (8/30/2022)
Public Comment Requested on Regional Transportation Projects (8/15/2022)
August 15 – September 13, 2022
Leadership in Motion Award Nominations (8/1/2022)
Submit your nominations now for the 2022 COMPASS Leadership in Motion awards. The awards recognize businesses, individuals, and projects that have demonstrated leadership in supporting Communities in Motion 2040 2.0, the regional long-range transportation plan for Ada and Canyon Counties.
Nominations must be received by NOON, Thursday, September 15, 2022.
Nominations are now closed. Award recipients will be notified in early December. Watch for your opportunity to submit nominations for 2023 Leadership in Motion awards in August 2023.
2022 Population Estimates (4/18/2022)
Public Comment Period: Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan (“Coordinated Plan”) (4/15/2022)
April 15 – May 15, 2022
Review and share your feedback on the draft Coordinated Plan — a plan that identifies transportation needs of older adults and persons with disabilities, low incomes, and limited English proficiency, then outlines strategies to meet the highest priority needs.
Second Opportunity Call for Projects (4/6/2022)
A second opportunity Call for Projects is open through May 4, 2022.
Public Comment Open for Amendment to the FY2022-2028 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) (3/31/2022)
March 31 – April 14, 2022
Comments are being accepted on a proposed amendment to the FY2022-2028 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
The proposed amendment would add seven new public transportations projects to the FY2022-2028 TIP.
Development Monitoring Report (3/7/2022)
Wednesday, April 13, 2022
9:00 am – 10:30 am
Bonus! Additional in-depth questions and discussion from 10:30 am – 11:00 am
Public Comment Open for Amendments to Communities in Motion 2040 2.0 the Regional Transportation Improvement Programs (TIPs) (12/30/2021)
January 3 – January 17, 2022
COMPASS Complete Network Policy (12/21/2021)
Congratulations to all of our winners!
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
9:30 – 11:30 am
Public Comment Open for Amendments to Communities in Motion 2040 2.0 the Regional Transportation Improvement Programs (TIPs) (10/26/2021)
October 26 – November 9, 2021
Call For Projects (10/25/2021)
This year’s COMPASS Call for Projects is open. Public agencies and nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply for:
- Transportation Alternative Program (TAP) – Transportation Management Area (TMA) funds for non-motorized transportation projects Eligible applicants: Public agencies in Ada and Canyon Counties and nonprofit organizations
- Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) – TMA funds for roadways, alternative transportation, plans, and studies Eligible applicants: Public agencies in Ada and Canyon Counties
- STBG – Urban funds for roadways, alternative transportation, plans, and studies Eligible applicants: Cities of Caldwell, Middleton, and Nampa, and the Ada County Highway District (for the Cities of Kuna and Star)
- Communities in Motion Implementation Grants funds for small projects that implement the goals of the long-range transportation plan Eligible applicants: COMPASS Member Agencies
- Project Development Program assistance to develop a project concept for future project application Eligible applicants: COMPASS Member Agencies